Reina Sofía Museum Guided Tour - Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €79 - €145
- Youth: - €79 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €59 (9 and under)
2 - 2.5 hours
By the Spanish Flag at the main entrance, outside of the museum Reina Sofia
- The Reina Sofia Museum houses one of the largest collections of modern and contemporary art in the world.
- On this 2 to 2.5 hour private museum tour, your guide will lead you through its many galleries, recounting the captivating stories behind the most important works.
- The best part? You’ll skip the line, ensuring that you get as much time as possible inside one of Madrid’s most popular national museums.
- This tour is in English.
- Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Tour Includes All Entrance Fees
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Full Tour Description
The Reina Sofia Museum houses one of the largest collections of modern and contemporary art in the world. On this 2 to 2.5 hour private guided museum tour, your guide will lead you through its many galleries, recounting the captivating stories behind the most important works. The best part? You’ll skip the line, ensuring that you get as much time as possible inside one of Madrid’s most popular national museums.
In the 1990s, a former hospital was renovated and turned into the Reina Sofia, home to 20th century art mostly from Spanish artists. Your expert guide will discuss the various artistic movements on display here, including abstractionism, cubism, surrealism, and modernism. You’ll learn all about Spain’s most famous artistic export, Pablo Picasso, while standing in front of his world-changing painting, “Guernica.” You’ll see works by Joan Miró, like “The Man with a Pipe,” as well as Salvador Dali’s “Face of the Great Masturbator,” learning about the techniques and stories behind these sometimes offbeat works of art. Your guide will situate all of these works in their larger social and political contexts, allowing you to understand how events like the Spanish Civil War shaped these artists’ lives and works. By the end, you’ll have experienced one of Spain’s, and the world’s, most exquisite collections of contemporary art, which no trip to Madrid should go without.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!