Cycling - Self Guided Tour - 5 day Mini Tour
Limited on your time in the Serrania de Ronda but keen to see some traditional Andalucian white villages? Then take our white villages Mini-Tour.
Starting out from Ronda, your self-guided cycling tour will take you via five delightfully different white villages, staying overnight in two of them*: Setenil de las Bodegas*, Alcala del Valle, Torre Alhaquime, Montejaque* and Benaojan. You will also visit the remains of the Roman amphitheatre at Acinipo and stop off at a local waterfall and beauty spot at the Cueva del Gato (Cat Cave). Cycle at your own pace each day, taking plenty of opportunities to enjoy the views and stopping regularly to try out the local tapas. You finish back in Ronda for a final night with time to explore this historic town and its spectacular gorge and bridge.
- Alcala del Valle - baroque church
- Setenil de las Bodegas - village of the cavehouses
- Acinipo Roman amphitheatre
- Cork forests and Montejaque village
- Cueva del Gato - waterfall and crystal clear water pool
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- Route maps & Garmin cycling GPS with preloaded route for each day
- 4 nights accommodation on B&B basis
- Quality Hybrid bike
- Luggage transfers
- Optional seat-post rear bag and/or handlebar bag for your daily needs (we recommend travelling light)
- Helmet & water bottle
- We operate locally to Ronda so support is always close at hand if needed
- Helmet (bring you own or use ours - free of charge)
- Padded cycling shorts (essential kit for staying comfortable over a few days' riding)
- Your own saddle if you prefer - let us know if you are bringing one
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling tops or T shirts
- Sports bra (ladies only!)
- Cycling shoes (let us know if you want clip-in pedals) or trainers - firm soles are best.
- Sun cream and after-sun lotion
- Casual clothes, swimwear and footwear
- Health insurance policy document (for UK travellers, a European Health Insurance Card, EHIC, will give you access to reduced cost medical services in Spain but it is not an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or costs such as mountain rescue, repatriation costs or lost or stolen property. Therefore it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. Some insurers now insist you hold an EHIC and many will waive the excess if you have one. https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startapplication.do
For winter riding
- extra body layers with long sleeves (thin thermal tops are great)
- leggings or cycling tights
- light waterproof/windproof jacket
- neck scarf / snood (great as sweat bands in the summer and for warmth in the winter)
- warm fleece and jacket for the evenings
Will I be fit enough?
Our self-guided tours are designed for leisure cyclists rather than cycling experts or people looking for large daily mileages. There are hills throughout the region which will need to be tackled but we keep daily distances manageable, particularly on days with more hills. Take things at your own pace and anyone who is reasonably fit and happy to be on a bike for 4+ hours a day will enjoy this tour.
Just remember that in summer, higher temperatures can make cycling seem harder so we suggest starting soon after 9am and aiming to finish before 2pm.
Where will you be staying?
Double or twin room with en suite facilities in all locations.
Ronda hotel is normally 4****. In Setenil you will stay in a traditional hotel just on the edge of the village. Eat in the hotel restaurant or try out the village tapas bars for dinner. In Montejaque, your hotel is right on the central village square. It has its own restaurant or there is also a highly acclaimed restaurant in the village.