Montserrat Afternoon Tour with Cog-Wheel Train
Leave our office in central Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach towards Montserrat. After a 1h drive on the highway, board the cog-wheel train up the mountain and enjoy the amazing views over the area. Admire the Mountain’s peculiar morphology, which comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction. Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
* Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
* Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
* Radio guide system.
* Local guide.
* Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area.
* Entrance to the audio visual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”.
* Discounts at some of the main attractions: 20% off in the Sant Joan Funicular ticket; 10% off in the Museum entrance fee; 10% off in the buffet restaurant at the “Mirador dels Apostols”.
* A dress code is required to enter to the venue. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted.
* Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
* This is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire. Duration: 4 and a half hours (transportation included).
* Check the schedule for the facilities you wish to visit at the site.
* Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season.
* In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
Meeting Point Information
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Barcelona city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher