Toledo Full Day Tour from Madrid
Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city towards Toledo aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches. Relax and enjoy the scenery on the way to the city. Follow your local guide on a walking tour of the Historic City of Toledo, World Heritage City since 1986. Once Spain’s capital, it is a perfect mix of Arab, Jewish and Christian cultures. Learn about its fantastic heritage and see how the coexistence of cultures through the centuries influenced its current architectural style. Walk amid the courtyard cloisters and royal coats of arms at the San Juan de los Reyes Monastery. Admire the building sponsored by Queen Elizabeth from Castilla to become a royal mausoleum, the most important construction built by the Catholic Monarchs. Right after the visit we will walk to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca. Originally built as a synagogue, it was expropriated and became a Church only 211 years after it opened its doors. Today, it is a fantastic museum of Mudejar (Arabic) style that you will visit. Admire the world famous painting by el Greco – The Burial of the Count of Orgaz – at the Church of St. Tomé. Did you know el Greco himself lived in this beautiful city? Then, we will visit the Cathedral of Toledo. Considered one of the most important Gothic Cathedrals in Spain. Admire the stained glass windows decorating the naves and discover the history of this great monument. See more than ten paintings by el Greco and wander around the location listening to your guide. If you decided to include the option, it is now time to relish on a wonderful tapas menu for lunch at around 1PM. Those of you who did not add the option to your bookings will have 1h and a half free time for lunch. After that time, meet your guide again for the guided visit of the ancient mosque “Cristo de la luz”. At the end of the visit we will take the bus and we will enjoy a brief panoramic tour of Toledo. The bus will stop at the view point “mirador del Valle” so you can take the best panoramic photos of Toledo.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
* Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
* Local official guide.
* Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
* Radio guide system.
* Admission to the Church of St. Tomé, admission to the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca and admission to the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes.
* Admission to Cathedral of Toledo and ancient mosque “Cristo de la luz”
* Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
* Please note photography and filming are not permitted inside the Church of St. Tomé.
* The duration of the tour includes transportation.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
* In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
Meeting Point Information
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Madrid city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher