El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen
Check in at our office in central Madrid 15 minutes in advance of your tour. Leave the city aboard one of our comfortable air-conditioned coaches. Enjoy your visit through the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Built in the 15th century, it is a symbol of the power of the government at the time. When you arrive in el Escorial your local guide will give you all the explanations so you can visit this impressive building on your own. Of Renaissance style, you will marvel at the building symmetry as you walk along the site visiting the Habsburg’s Palace, the Chapter House, the Basilica and the remarkable library. Board your bus again for a short drive to the Valley of the Fallen. The site is located 9km away from El Escorial, in Sierra de Guadarrama. You will be able to see it from far away thanks to the monumental cross built above the site. The monument is an underground church built into the mountain. The same is topped by the World’s Largest Cross, which can be seen from miles away.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
* Transportation on an air conditioned coach.
* Local official guide.
* Tour operated in both Spanish and English.
* Radio guide system.
* Admission to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial.
* Admission to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica.
This is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
* The duration of the tour includes transportation.
* Julià Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel the tour itinerary without prior notice due to force majeure reasons.
* Important information: due to restrictions inside the Basilica of the Valley, no guided tour will take place in the same.
* The Royal Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen visitors are requested to respect the following statement: photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions.
* In order to cancel the booking with no penalties you must contact us at least 24 hours in advance.
Meeting Point Information
* This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain in Madrid city center. Please refer to your documentation for more information.
* It will not be necessary to print the voucher